CALL US ON: 01223 300639
£54,000 - £56,000 + Benefits + Bonus
over 2 years ago
My client, based to the South of Cambridge, consists of a group of companies, which has been successfully developing cutting edge products within the engineering field for the past thirty years. The business is now undergoing a period of change and requires an additional Finance Business Partner to assist the senior management to help drive business performance. This Finance Business Partner role will primarily be based in one of the entities and will also undertake some central corporate support activities.
The Finance Business Partner’s specific responsibilities will encompass:
• Working closely with senior management and engineers to implement and develop analysis focusing on project and product/service profitability
• Improving the impact and understanding of financial reporting on the business
• Refining and enhancing existing procedures
• Developing appropriate performance targets and metrics to meet the business needs
• Ensuring that financial reports are linked to business strategies
• Preparing monthly management accounts and budgets, ensuring that they are robust and reflect key business issues
• Working with the Group Financial Controller to produce financial statements for all entities within the group
• This role reports to the Group CFO
To be successful in your application for this Finance Business Partner role, you will be a qualified accountant with strong analysis and Excel skills. You will possess patience and the ability to build non-finance relationships to drive through lasting change to existing working practices. You must also be able to demonstrate where you have created clarity within finance reporting structures resulting in enhanced profitability transparency. It would be an advantage to have worked for an SME within a group of companies.
In return, the company offers an excellent benefits package which includes 25 days’ holiday plus Bank Holidays, a company pension, life assurance, private healthcare, free parking, a performance related bonus and share options after a qualifying period.