CALL US ON: 01223 300639
South East London
£55,000 - £65,000
about 2 years ago
This hugely successful company provides specialist services to a variety of impressive customers throughout the South East of England. With plans to grow the business further our client is looking to employ a proven Company Accountant that will manage the finance department.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a commercially strong Accountant that has recent success of providing solid financial expertise to a rapidly expanding company.
With exceptional cash management skills, the postholder will support the Directors in providing relevant financial information and analysis, ensuring that all financial regulations are complied with and adequate financial controls in place.
Key duties will include:
• Manage the work of the finance team members, including ensuring that credit control and cash collection is timely and efficient.
• Produce annual budgets and forecasts as required.
• Ensure that financial and other internal controls are robust and operating correctly to assist in managing risk within the business.
• Prepare the monthly management accounts and year end accounts.
• Liaise with external service organisations for tax preparation, auditing, banking, invoice factors, pension providers and others as necessary.
• Seek performance recommendations including advising and implementation.
• Provide insightful information and expectations to senior executives to aid in long-term and short-term decision making – with specific emphasis on cash flow forecasting.
• Review financial data and prepare monthly, annual and ad-hoc reports.
• Stay up to date with technological advances in respect of accounting and other software used for financial purposes.
• Establish and maintain financial policies and procedures for the company.
• Understand and adhere to financial regulations and legislation
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
• Ideally qualified accountant
• Experience of managing a small finance team
• Up to date technical accounting knowledge (FRS 102)
• Experience of computer systems
• Analytical skills to identify and resolve problems
• Organisational skills including self-starting – able to multi-task
• Excellent communication skills - to liaise with internal and external parties
• Absolute integrity
• Flexible, hard-working and with pride in high standards of work
• High level of attention to detail
• Motivated to meet deadlines
• Team-worker/leader with a can-do attitude
• Keen to learn
• Loyalty to the team and the business.
• Based in South London.
• 40 hours per week – but flexible to meet the requirements of the business.
• Annual leave allowance of 5 weeks plus Bank Holidays.
• Salary range £55,000 to £65,000 per annum depending on experience.
• Car parking.
• Social events.