CALL US ON: 01223 300639
£60,000 - £65,000
5 months ago
This is a new vacancy that needs to be filled urgently. Initial training will be completed in the office and once completed the candidate will be expected to work from home during the current Coronavirus pandemic.
This is a real career opportunity to become a valued member of a £30 million pound business with an exciting strategy to grow to £40 million in the next few years through both organic growth and acquisition.
The company is a global manufacturer and supplier of cutting edge products, which accelerate drug development by combining the best science with first-rate engineering. It addresses high growth markets in genomics, structural biology and drug discovery and enjoys an enviable reputation for innovation, reliability and quality.
This varied and stimulating role reports into the Group Financial Controller and is based on the western outskirts of Cambridge.
The company is now looking for a strong Finance Manager to be responsible for all aspects of accounting for its UK business and its US based agency business. Responsibilities include:
• Mentoring and managing a team of four finance staff including AP and AR functions
• Business partnering with the core team including the MD to provide detailed insight to the business and to make improvements to the current management reporting pack. This will include margin analysis, comparison to forecast and budget
• Preparation of annual budgets
• Collaboration with the manufacturing team to prepare monthly forecasts
• Preparation of the monthly management pack, reporting to the MD, core team and Group Financial Controller
• Implementing reporting timetable improvements
• Implementing financial control improvements across all areas
• Management of bank accounts, cash flow forecasts and cash reporting
• Ensuring completion of all month end processes including bank recs, revenue recognition, control account reconciliations, VAT, Intrastat US sales tax and other tax reporting
• Management of US sales tax reporting
• To develop and instill strong financial control discipline and a tight monthly reporting schedule;
• To improve monthly reporting pack to provide core team with insight to the business
• To develop strong relationships with key stakeholders including budget holders, manufacturing teams and the ERP System Manager
• To provide high quality, consistent, timely reporting to group team for reporting to banks and private equity managers
This Finance Manager role comes with the following benefits:
• 25 days’ holiday with the ability to buy or sell five days
• Profit share
• Family Private Medical Insurance
• Life policy of 6x salary
• Excellent pension scheme where the company contributes 12% and you contribute 3%
• Free parking
• Free swimming and discounts to gyms nationwide
• Cycle to work scheme
• Childcare vouchers
We look forward to receiving your CV.