CALL US ON: 01223 300639
£60,000 - £70,000
8 months ago
My client is an owner managed SME, which is in a dynamic and ever changing marketplace. The business consists of a group of companies, both here and abroad and in recent years, it has experienced substantial growth, which has been achieved organically and through acquisition. This is expected to continue.
It now has an opportunity for a qualified Financial Controller/Finance Manager to manage the finance department and work closely with the Managing Director to ensure the continued success of the business. The initial responsibilities will include:
- Developing and mentoring a small finance team
- Preparing management accounts from the trial balance stage
- Dealing with all aspects of royalties, which are complex and require great attention to detail
- Integrating accounts of acquired companies using Sage 200
- Developing the reporting side of the business to produce more commercial analysis
- Assessing the commercial impact of legal agreements
Over time, further responsibilities of the Finance Manager/Financial Controller will include budgeting and the role could develop into that of a Finance Director for the right person.
To be successful in applying for this Finance Manager/Financial Controller role, you will be a qualified accountant with several years’ post qualification experience. You will be entrepreneurial with a commercial outlook and an enquiring mind. You must have a strong attention to detail, a steady work record and have worked with Sage 200. Whilst the company will consider applicants from a broad background of industries, candidates from retail, produce or FMCG companies will have an advantage.
In return, the company offers a superb benefits package including 22 days’ holiday rising to 25 after seven years, a discretionary pension plan, life cover of four times salary, income protection and the possibility of WFH one day a week.