CALL US ON: 01223 300639
£55,000 - £65,000
about 2 months ago
My client is a dynamic and successful start up in the pharma/biotech sphere with strong growth plans for the next five years. They are now recruiting for a hands on Management Accountant, who wants to advance their career into a Finance Manager role or someone who has been a Finance Manager for a couple of years and now wants to see their career develop.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Managing one member of staff overseeing general ledger accounting, payroll, accounts payable and expenses
- Preparing financial statements including P+L, Balance Sheet, Cashflow and cash summary on a monthly basis
- Preparing monthly/quarterly financial reporting for investors
- Monthly accounting close procedures
- Preparing accounting entries, interpreting financial transactions and resolving accounting discrepancies
- Determining appropriate IFRS/FRS 102 accounting treatment for financial activities
- Maintaining budgets and rolling forecasts
- Implementing 12 monthly forecasts
- Developing and implementing key processes
- Implementing a new accounting system for the company
- Managing the relationship with the auditors
- Ad hoc financial analysis and special projects
In order to obtain an interview, your CV must show that you are a hands on recently qualified accountant with strong technical knowledge coupled with the ability to implement processes which will be robust enough to allow for strong growth. Previous experience within the life sciences sector would be an advantage.
In return, the company can offer an excellent benefits package including an 8% non contributory pension, a discretionary bonus, private health care, life assurance, 25 days holiday with the abiltity to carry 5 days forward and an Employee Assistance Plan.